Thursday, August 28, 2008

ITALY_STIK_PAINT



As I mentioned in the "SPECIAL BULLETIN #2" post, I had meet a guy called Justin down the infamous LeftBank......fast forward a few weeks and he stopped by my work with laptop in hand, ready to share some of his photos he has taken on his travels around the world. He didn't emphasise at the time on what he was giving me, which left me feeling like a kid about to visit a candy store!

The file was called ITALY_STIK_PAINT. In my opinion Italy has some of the best street art there is. But not having visited Italy myself I trusted the opinion and photographic skills of my hero Tristan Manco. There they either have an extreme appreciation of any form of art, whether on the street or in a gallery OR 'the buff' are none existent (wishful thinking!) but what I saw leaves alot to desire for Wellington, the arts capital of New Zealand.

Seeing slaps and pasteys of The London Police and Microbo (My favourite) other than on various web sites or books I have read was a bit strange but I couldn't scroll through the pics fast enough!


The London Police







Microbo





With artists like this willing to share their art with the general public it's a shame that there are others who want to see it gone. Councils push for funding of the arts but will spend nearly 2 or 3 times the amount on trying to get rid of it.

Cheers Justin! Thanks for sharing your obsession with the obsessed!

...to be continued

oO WWS Oo

1 comment:

  1. Awesomeness - Gagging for more!
    Man you have all the friends in the right places ;-)

    ReplyDelete